To God Be the Glory!
The wheels of progress were set in motion. A lot was purchased for $800.00 on 402 Gray Street in Selma, Alabama. A small wooden frame was purchased and moved to that site. It was named Beloved Apostolic Church of God.
Although Beloved was still under construction, the doors were opened for all to come and worship with the Lord in the beauty of Holiness. God made room for the saints! The speaker of the hour was none other than Bishop Rankin himself.
Over a period of time, backsliders were reclaimed, souls were saved and filled with the Holy Ghost. The saints were speaking in tongues as the Spirit of the Lord gave them utterance. Sisters Doris Polnitz and Earlene Hart were also saved under Bishop Rankin's ministry.
Bishop Rankin was led by God to go out on the street corners, by-ways, and highways to preach the unadulterated Word. Men, women, boys, and girls wer compelled to come to Jesus and be saved upon hearing the Word.
August 7, 1977 was the dedication of Beloved Apostolic Church of God. With the theme,"So we built the wall, and the wall was joined together unto the half thereof; for the people had a mind to work." (Nehemiah 4:6 KJV 1611). Many pastors, members, and friends came from far and near, joined hearts and hands in prayer for Beloved, with the late Pastor, Elder Arthur L. Owens from Boston, Massachusetts as the speaker.