August 3, 1980 was the Laying of the Cornerstone. The theme, (20) "And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and phophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (21) In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto a holy temple in the Lord: (22) In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit." (Ephesians 2:20-22 KJV 1611) On that glorious day, the Spirit of the Lord illuminated the entire building. The guest speaker was Elder Johnny Cunningham of Century, Florida. After the service, the saints stayed for a short ceremony of the Laying of the Cornerstone in front of the church. Elder Allen Barnett conducted the ceremony, after which dinner was served on the church grounds.
In July of 1988, the third Sunday to be exact, the saints were in regular order of service, when suddenly, Elder Johnny Cunningham walked through the doors. He announced that Bishop Ward had sent him to pastor Beloved if the saints wanted him. The saints rejoiced and thanked God for answering their prayers, with Mother Eulean Edwards declaring, “you are not our affiliate pastor any more, but our pastor.” Since that time, the vision God had given Bishop Rankin has moved forward. God is blessing the membership to grow and souls are still being saved.